2016-17 ROCK Program
The ROCK (Real Options for City Kids) program introduces students to challenging outdoor activities and meaningful community service work, in addition to the learning enrichment and sports programs. In the program, students form trusting relationships with adults, as well as learn the importance of giving back to their community.
Homework Help (Power Hour):
Available every day and will be carried out in every activity for the first 30 minutes of program.
Students decide what activities they’ll participate in. The only requirement is that students remain in their chosen activity for the scheduled time.
ROCK Classes Offered:
- Jovenes Unidos (Newcomer Class)
- Technology Lab/Yearbook Club
- Theater/Movie Club/Pokemon Go Club
Wrestling, Hip Hop Club, Skateboarding Club, Yoga Wednesdays
ROCK Daily Schedule
- Community time in the cafeteria with music, games, and the Wii
- 30 minutes of tutoring with our line staff in all activities
- Activities will move into their planned lessons. Any student needing additional help or time will work with our Academic Coordinator in the homework room
- Students have free time in Recreation or Technology Lab