About Falcon Fun
There are many opportunities to have fun, celebrate, and recognize hard work. To participate, our students must demonstrate our School Values: Safety, Responsibility, and Respect.
When students misbehave, lose class time, and harm others they are not demonstrating our School Values, and as a result, they will lose the opportunities to enjoy the fun activities at our school.
What is on the Fun List?
- Playing sports (games and practice)
- Field Trips
- Falcon Attack (field day)
- R.O.C.K. Dances, Special Events and Field Trips, and Sports (flag football, basketball)
- R.O.C.K SALT field trips
- Rallies and Special Assemblies
- Falcon Spirit Rewards
- Rewards and Honors Certificates
How are students removed from the Fun List?
- 6 unexcused tardies/in hall without a pass
- 2 unexcused absences
- 2 Behavior Referrals (hallways, outside, lunch, after school)
- 2 Ds or Fs on School Loop
- 2 Unsatisfactory Citizenship Grades
- 1 Suspension
- Quiet Time disruption instead of participation
What if you are removed from the Fun List?
- Parents are contacted
- Student meets with counselor during lunch or afterschool
- Student begins seeing counselor on an ongoing basis during lunch and afterschool (participate in JASP program)
- Student must earn their name back on the Falcon Fun List
- Student will use Lunch and Afterschool time to earn their name back on the list
- Student must report to Saturday School if their behavior does not change
What if the negative student behavior or actions continue while ineligible?
- Parent Conference
- SAP and Interventions
- Counseling Conference
How do students earn their name back on the Falcon Fun List?
Students can return to the Falcon Fun List by successfully completing “Eligibility Service” and/or Restorative Actions, including:
- 1 week of improvement, in the area where they struggled
- Volunteering in the office for 3 days after school
- Standards Based Projects approved by a teacher (ROCK)
- Helping Mr. Beltran organize sports games during lunch for 3 days
- Attending Breakfast Club Tutoring with Mr. Rodriguez for 3 days
- Completion of academic packets approved by Counselors or Teachers (ROCK)
- Completion of a Powerpoint and presenting it to 3 homerooms
- Tutoring or mentoring of students at Visitacion Valley Elementary for 3 days
- If a person is harmed, all Restorative Actions are required (Personal Reflection, Relational Closure, Address Community)